Ever since nailing the design of this new product, I pack the Women’s Half Zip Grid Fleece for every trip and use it regularly in my daily life. From Tokyo to San Francisco to my everyday wear in Florida, the Grid Fleece has become an essential wardrobe piece. After more than a year of development, the GORUCK Women’s Half Zip Grid Fleece is now available in Black and Charcoal colorways.
Here are the reasons why this is the best fleece-lined performance half zip you can find:
- Performance: Polartec® Power Grid fabric is fast drying, moisture wicking, breathable, and stretchy.
- Simple, Classic Style: Goes with anything, pairs well with working out and/or wine. Subtle GORUCK spearhead on the bottom seam.
- Tough and Comfortable: Durable exterior that is abrasion resistant, soft interior that is super cozy. Zippers that won’t fail.
- Sleek Fit: Long-sleeved athletic fit that is rule #1 compliant: Always Look Cool.
- Built for Rucking: Off-shoulder seams for added comfort under ruck straps aka great for active travel.
- Make it Yours: Optional 2×3 Velcro on each sleeve to rock your favorite patch. Or wear it slick aka no patch panels.
- Pockets: Hidden side zip pocket sized to hold an iPhone 8+ so you can leave it there indefinitely, then pull it out when the coast is clear.
- Packability: This lightweight fleece is a must-have for trips anytime, anywhere. Wear it or roll it up in a packing cube or ruck.
- Intangible: We make them in the USA and it comes with our Scars Lifetime Guarantee. Also, it’s a proven fact that you become more ninja-like when you wear it.
Testing the Grid Fleece
I’ve tested my GORUCK Half Zip Grid Fleece in a lot of different environments. It thrives in all of them, both on and off the grid. I’ve added it to my essential one ruck packing list and take it with me everywhere. I like that it is durable, multi-purpose, and goes well with my active and simplified way of life. I still wear my original sample and it is in perfect condition despite the miles and wear and tear I’ve put it through.
Grid Fleece in Japan
Last March, my mom and I traveled to Japan for a GORUCK Event. We rucked and ran around the city with our friends from the Tokyo Hikyaku Ruckers. My Half Zip Grid Fleece was the perfect layer to have in the city and at Mt. Fuji during the cooler weather that lingers in the springtime. It is made of technical grid fleece that isn’t too heavy or too light – keeping me warm while exploring the Tsukiji fish market and not making me too hot while transiting on the subway. When the temperature dropped at night, I simply tucked my Grid Fleece into my Simple Pants and added a thicker jacket. I did this for several consecutive days and the Grid Fleece held up great, smelling like cherry blossoms.
Grid Fleece in San Francisco
Months later, I found myself rucking the Star Course marathon through the heart of San Francisco in August. Anyone who’s ever been to this beautiful city knows that the weather can change in a minute. It cycled through cool/cloudy to sunny/hot and then misty/chilly several times over. The mid-weight power grid fabric was super breathable and wicked moisture to keep me dry for the 12 hours that we took to complete the course. And yes, we definitely stopped for tacos and beers and had the best time exploring parts of the city we’d never known. I was only on the ground in California for about 26 hours so it was easy to travel with just one ruck and this versatile top.
Grid Fleece at Home
Florida is half a world away from San Francisco and Tokyo even farther still. And yet, the Grid Fleece finds a way to be functional and ideal for active travel, commuting, and rucking during our harshest winter months. (Temps can drop to the 40s, people, it’s hard to put the flip flops away!) The Grid Fleece is also useful in the summertime to avoid freezing from all the cranked up air conditioners in grocery stores and movie theaters or after a hard workout that leaves you drenched.
Seriously though, it’s so soft and comfortable you won’t want to take it off. Bonus is that it makes your kids want to cuddle and be a little less savage. I say this only because it’s true.
Get your own Women’s Half Zip Grid Fleece while they last.